Avocado is a superhero of the fruit world, brimming with delicious nutrients! Use it in salads, juices, make some fresh guacamole, you can even fry it!
- It’s loaded with healthy fats, fibre and many nutrients including vitamin K, folate, vitamin C, potassium, vitamins B5, B6 and E.
- It contains more potassium than a banana, a mineral which supports blood pressure levels.
- High in monounsaturated oleic acid, a heart healthy fatty acid, the same as that found in olive oil.
- There is 7% fibre in an avocado which benefits weight loss and metabolic health.
- Studies have shown that it can reduce heart disease factors such as total, LDL and HDL cholesterol along with blood triglycerides.
- If you eat an avocado alongside other vegetables, it increases the intake of antioxidants. It is also high in antioxidants itself including lutein which supports good eye health, lowering the risk of macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Several studies have revealed beneficial effects in preventing prostate cancer and lowering side effects of chemotherapy in some cells.
Isn’t amazing that one avocado can do all this?!