I thought I would share my recipe for sugar free mousse with you. I adapted it slightly from a recipe that my mum used years ago when she was on a Weight Watchers diet. They used low fat fromage frais but, as this is full of sugar in itself, I swapped this for a much healthier and more satisfying full fat natural Greek yoghurt. I think it gives it a much creamier taste anyway.
It caters for many different diets including sugar free, gluten free, nut free, paleo and keto. As the recipe uses an egg white, it’s probably best that pregnant ladies avoid this though.
It’s so easy to make, you would hardly believe that something sugar free can taste so refreshing and delicious. You can choose the flavour of your choice by using a different jelly but I used strawberry for the ones in the photos. It’s nice to serve it in clear bowls or glasses as the mixture does separately slightly when setting in the fridge and creates layers.
- 1 Sachet sugar free jelly, any flavour
- 250 g Natural Greek yoghurt – full fat
- 1 egg white
- Empty the jelly sachet into 1/4 pint of boiling water and stir until dissolved
- Top this up to 1/2 pint with cold water
- Beat an egg white until stiff
- Add the Greek yoghurt to the jelly mixture (should make nearly 1 pint), give a good stir and pour into a bowl (don’t worry if there are some lumps at this stage)
- Add the egg white to the jelly/yoghurt mixture and whisk it all together
- Pour into individual bowls or one large jelly dish and put into the fridge to set
- Eat as it is or add some fresh fruit/cream/crème fraiche!